“Six months of GRIT…”


 
Shared by Breanne Smedley

Today, I wrap up my 6th consecutive month of GRIT workouts.

A half a year of making my self-care a priority each day.
180 days of fitting workouts into my day that I didn’t think I had time for.
On good days that I hit personal records.
And challenging days when the last thing I wanted to do was a workout.

But, I showed up.
For myself.
For my team.

There’s a lot that has been accomplished in the past six months.

I could talk about the physical transformation. How I’ve witnessed my body become stronger and more toned.

I could go into the mental transformation. How I’ve overcome obstacles to make GRIT possible everyday and have proven to myself that I don’t quit.

I could talk about what GRIT has done for Kristina and I’s business. Helping us break past limiting beliefs and create opportunities for ourselves.

I could talk about the confidence that GRIT has forged within me. Allowing me to feel comfortable in my own skin.

But today, as I sit and reflect over the past six months it’s not just my own accomplishments that I’m feeling proud of.

It’s the accomplishments of the people who have come alongside Kristina and I to experience this for themselves.

Specifically, these strong, confident women:

Karis, owner of Cooper Chiropractic and my CR volleyball team trainer (plus so much more) joined us in GRIT in February. She passed on joining in January after careful consideration, then jumped in the next month and hasn’t looked back. She is absolutely the type of mom, business owner, and woman I desire to be, and I have loved witnessing her transformation within GRIT. She is choosing daily actions to literally create the extraordinary life that she lives, and it emanates to everyone she is around. Now, more than ever, as we face a pandemic that has put stress on business owners and those in healthcare, Karis is navigating both with confidence and bravery.

Carley, my longtime close friend (5th grade!) and brave nurse joined us for March GRIT. When she first jumped in on the first day, she admitted that she wasn’t sure if it was for her. That uncertainty quickly waded as she continued to come back to her purpose for joining in the first place: to gain more confidence through showing up daily, moving her body, and proving to herself that she can create routines and habits that ground her. She has improved her strength, crushed PRs each week, and is feeling the confidence that comes from daily movement. That is spilling over into her work right now as she provides care to the most vulnerable during this time.

Nichole, one of my awesome CR volleyball assistant coaches joined in February and signed on for an entire year! Nichole was gritty even before she joined GRIT. The perfect combination of tough and kind, no-nonsense and empathetic, Nichole is a beloved coach in our program. She is the same within GRIT as she finished workouts even on the longest, most stressful days. She hit pause for this month as she recovers from surgery, but I have no doubt that she’ll be back, gritting it out with us when she’s healed!

Annie, our awesome realtor from Oak Harbor! I was so happy and surprised to see Annie join us in January. She was the best realtor that went above and beyond expectations as Brett and I bought and sold our first home when we lived on Whidbey. I relived fun memories and loved reconnecting with this strong, confident, thoughtful woman as I watched her thrive in her workouts and business at the same time.

And my Mindset Coach Academy peeps! MeredithAmy, and Krista. This has been one of the highlights of GRIT for me. Being able to build by business alongside strong women who are doing the same has been an unexpected, amazing part of this whole thing. Each of these ladies inspires me, push me, and keep me focused. They’ve each experienced transformations in their own way, but I can say confidently that each of our businesses is stronger because of GRIT, and because of each other. Especially as we navigate uncharted territory as coaches, it’s been invaluable to have each other and have the mindset necessary to pivot, adjust, and grow during this time.

Writing about these ladies has made my morning.
And also made me realize how special GRIT is.

Not just for the workouts and transformation across mind and body.

But for the community, it forges.

The support and accountability it gives as the foundation of what makes it unique.

The lives changed that then spur others to do the same.

If you’re interested in coming on board and experiencing it for yourself like these ladies did, GRIT is FREE for the month of April, and today is the last day to join.

Reach out if you want in!

==

#InspirationallyImpactful

#IntegrallyRealtional

#MindfullyEvolving

Check out what we're up to now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Kristina, the Bulgarian folk dancer…”