“Choosing Happiness…”

 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Choosing Happiness…”

Early in my career, I had dreams of one day working in a prestigious high rise building,
in the middle of a bustling city.

Of wearing fancy clothes to work every day.

Of having an authority position,
making good money,
and being seen as a success.

I would go out to small local restaurants for lunch and attend networking events and professional happy hours after work.

This was my idea of a fulfilling career… of one where I would be happy every day.

Now, 14 years after graduating from college, I’m not leaving this career. Not at all!
And I have to admit… I’m so thankful.

So far, I’ve done some pretty cool things in my career…
traveled to many different countries to meet with customers,
mentored, and coached others,
setup organizational operating models,
and (the best part) had the opportunity to build cultures and environments where our teammates thrive! 

I’ve learned over time that the fame and glory, the fancy office buildings and nice clothes, and the prestige that supposedly comes with all of this… really means nothing to me.

All of this “stuff” does not bring me happiness.
Not in the faintest of ways. 

Happiness, I’ve found, comes with the people I’m surrounded by every day.


It’s found in the experiences I have to learn, to build relationships, and to positively impact through setting up environments and systems that are empowering and enabling.

It’s found in mentoring and coaching others, in listening and caring, and knowing I’m making a difference. Being impactful.


True happiness is possible when I choose relationships, care, and impact.
I feel and know this deep in my soul.

And this isn’t just the truth in my career,
It’s where happiness is found in all aspects of my life.

Thankfully, my happiness is based on the choices I get to make.
I can choose relationships.
I can choose to care.
I can choose to always work towards being Inspirationally Impactful.

All that other stuff just doesn’t matter.

#IntegrallyRelational

#PassionatelyServing

#CourageouslyListening

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”