“Becoming a morning person…”


 

Shared by Breanne Smedley

A little over a year ago, I started waking up really early.

Like, 4:15am early.

I was challenged to take a look at my morning routine, and assess whether or not what I did in the morning was in alignment with my goals.

My previous routine of snoozing the alarm 8 times before rolling out of bed, then rushing to get myself, then the baby ready, and out the door by 6:45am was starting my day in a way that made me feel terrible from the start.

Plus, Kristina and I were in the process of starting our business.

Reading, writing, and taking time to meditate and visualize were both routines that we were trying to incorporate into our days.

Because we know how important they are to the evolution of ourselves, and our business.

But, where would I find the time?

In the morning..

Which meant setting that alarm to an hour that I almost never saw in the AM.

Before this, I’d tell you that I just wasn’t a “morning person.”

That I have a hard time getting up in the morning.

So, for years, I’d set my alarm with the minimum amount of time to get ready and rush out the door.

Because, of course, I wasn’t a “morning person.”

It had to be that way.

Looking back, I can clearly see it for what it was:

An excuse.

A limiting mindset.

Because, after waking up this early for almost a year now, another thing has also become clear:

A “morning person” is just like every other person.

They just wake up when their alarm goes off.

Instead of pressing snooze.

Instead of going to bed too late at night, “morning people” prioritize a bedtime.

Morning people still find it hard to wake up.

Morning people still struggle with the thought of staying in the comfy bed, just 5 minutes longer.

Morning people are just like you or I.

It’s the limits that we place on ourselves that determine our habits, behaviors, and results.

The words that follow “I” or “I am” are the most powerful ones we can speak to ourselves.

Because, they quite literally write our future.

We become who we say we are.

“I’m not a runner.”

“I’m not a writer.”

“I am too busy.”

“I am too old.”

“I don’t have time.”

“I can’t.”

The sneaky ways we sabotage ourselves.

The ways we let our Inner Critic determine our future.

Rewrite the story.

I am whoever I say I am.

===

#MindfullyEvolving

 Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”