“The plant killer…”


 

Shared by Breanne Smedley

“The plant killer…”

I love indoor plants.

I love the look they add to a space, and apparently, they do something for the air quality!

I also hear it’s a “millennial” thing to have lots of indoor plants.

Why take a good thing and put a label on it?! Ugh.

The problem with my plants is that I don’t have a great track record of keeping them alive.

Which is problematic because they really don’t look as good when they’re brown and moldy.

I once had a succulent die on me. Those suckers are hard to kill!

Just recently, my majesty palm started to develop brown tips.

This is my second majesty palm in the past two years.

Am I underwatering it? Overwatering it? Giving it too much light? Not enough light?

“When was the last time you watered it?” Brett asks as he watches me look at the leaves with a furrowed brow.

“I don’t know, last week…?”

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Don’t look at me like that! I water the plants!”

I wouldn’t break rule number one of plant caring (I assume watering is rule #1).

The problem, I think, is that it hasn’t quite developed into a habit yet.

I water when, well, I feel like I haven’t done it in a while.

Or when the leaves start to turn brown.
Which I’m pretty sure at that point, is too late.

I already know that inconsistent habits usually lead to inconsistent results.

It’s so obvious in other areas of my life.

My habits surrounding working out, eating, and my morning routine all contribute to the results I get.

Workout when I “feel like I haven’t done it in a while” and I can’t expect to reap any long-term health benefits.

Become hit or miss with letting sugar creep back into my diet and there’s no stopping the full-fledged sugar dragon out to control my life.

And apparently, when you don’t develop a consistent watering habit for your succulents, you can kill even the toughest of plants.

Oops. Time to develop a new habit!

===

#MindfullyEvolving

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”