“Living by code…”



 Shared by Breanne Smedley

Right now, I’m looking at my bullet journal.

Mapped out for each day of this week with a 12-hour timeline of each day.

Beside almost every time, there is a note. For today, it’s:

5-6am: Meditate, Read, IOD/Volleyball Planning
7-11:30: Teach
11:30-12:05: Run 5k
12:10-1:05: Teach
1:10-1:45: Complete to-do list
1:45-2pm: Pick up Charlee
2:05-4:30pm: Set up senior night/Get ready for volleyball
4:30pm-9pm: Volleyball matches

Some might say this is controlling.

There’s no wiggle room! Where’s the time to be spontaneous? You know…go where the wind takes you?!

Going where the wind takes me sounds like an awful idea.

Like a leaf, just ending up wherever…?

What if I end up in a storm drain? Or stuck to the bottom of someone’s shoe?

That’s the opposite of the type of life I want to live.

My routine, the code I live by, gives me freedom.

It sounds counter-intuitive.

I don’t leave much of my day to indecision.

Indecision is the killer of freedom, progress, or creativity.

Should I work out today? Should I read today? Should I spend time with my family today?

Should I…

Should I…

With the code, there’s no asking these questions.

The things I prioritize in life are built into my day.

Written into the script.

Once it’s written, there’s no thinking.

Just follow.

Leaving my mental energy readily available for other things.

Like the relationships in my life.

For solving problems.

For creating.

For freedom from “going where the wind takes me.”

===

 

#MindfullyEvolving

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”