“Living in the top 5%…”


 
Shared by Kristina Smedley

I’ve always worked hard, am compassionate, and have sought to serve others and change lives.
I’ve always performed well in school, at work, and in sports.
I’ve always been driven to evolve and become more of my true self.
I thought I had it pretty figured out… how to be dedicated, committed, to see things through. To live in the top 5%.
 
Then, I joined GRIT four months ago.
And I started to see that, actually, I have a lot of excuses.
My Lesser Self dictates much of my day.
 
Should I get up to read/write this morning or sleep a little long… just a little more sleep. "I went to bed late."
Should I workout today or "let my muscles rest" (again)... rest. "I’m too tired."
Should I make a healthy dinner or order take-out… order take out. "It’ll be quicker."
Should I tell my husband how much I appreciate him… maybe not. "He annoyed me earlier."
 
As I started to experience what it really means to be committed and dedicated through GRIT, I experienced having true integrity with myself. I began to know what it means to show up for myself every single day, and what it means to absolutely show up for others.
 
To show up for Kaden.
To show up for Sennad.
To show up for my family.
And for the women we serve through Mindfluent® Leadership.
After years of thinking that was already me, living my life in my top 5%, I began to evolve into someone who knows deep inside what these things mean, not just at a conceptual "yeah, that sounds like me" level.
As I’ve transformed in my commitment to physical fitness, I have also (unexpectedly) transformed in other areas of my life.
 
Now, I know what it really means for me to live as my top 5%. Not in comparison to others, but in comparison to life as My Lesser Self. Now, I can never go back to the 95% life. I just hope I can inspire others to discover this for themselves.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Kristina, the Bulgarian folk dancer…”