“WFH life…”



Shared by Breanne Smedley

I have always thought the “work from home” gig would be the best thing ever.
I’ve had my eye on the #WFH hashtags for a while now…

In my mind, it would go something like this:

Early morning: Get all the work done (limit this to a few hours)
Mid-morning: Workout
Afternoon: Hang out with Charlee
Grocery shop
Catch up on books
Coffee dates and hikes with friends
Nutritious, home-cooked meals
Plus, my house would be clean and orderly because I’d have time to do it

Sounds amazing-I want that!

In fact, in the back of my mind, it’s been one of those things that I could see myself doing “someday…”

Well “someday” happened.

March 13th, 2020 to be exact.

Nothing to do with my planning.
Everything to do with a mandatory closure of schools due to COVID-19.

All of a sudden, I was faced with what I seem to always be chasing: more time.

Time to do GRIT (without giving up my lunch break).
Time to read.
Time to build the business.
Time to be with family.
Time to catch up on the house projects that need to be done. (Ie. Weeding..)
Time to deep clean and organize.
Time to relax and get more sleep.

Time to try out this “work from home” thing.

Because, although I can’t teach right now (but, stay tuned, “The Smedley Strength Show” from your favorite PE teachers is definitely in the works!)…

…my mental training programs for athletes didn’t skip a beat.

In fact, athletes need mental training now, more than ever.

Plus, Kristina and I are still serving women through our ConfidenceFactor™ Challenge, in our Mindfluent® Leader Inner Circle, and through weekly communication to our broader community.

We’re only three days into this new schedule, and what I’m learning is that working from home and setting your own schedule is more challenging than I thought it’d be.

The early wakeup gets a little later every morning…because I have all day to get things done, right?

The urgency to get the morning reading and writing done wanes a bit…because I can finish this later, right?

The social media scroll lasts a little longer…because I don’t need to be anywhere, really.

The projects I want to chip away at get pushed to the next day…because I have a whole six weeks to get it done, right?

Soon, the day is nearing an end and my phone tells me that I’ve been on it for 6 hours.
Nearly double my normal usage (gut check!).

I haven’t read a single page.
I still need to do GRIT.
Items on my list to keep moving projects forward are still left undone.

Plus, the house looks like a tornado went through it.
Courtesy of a toddler named Charlee.

This is a good opportunity to learn.

Learn how to set my own schedule, then have the discipline and faith in myself to follow through.
To structure my day in a way that leads to success in all aspects.

Productivity.
Rest.
Connection with family.

Working from home so far has been a steep learning curve, for everyone involved.

But, we’re learning, adjusting, and adapting.

Here’s to the next six weeks of figuring it out!

===

#DaringlyResilient

Check out what we're up to now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”