“Perfect Timing…”


 
Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Perfect Timing…”

Here’s one thing I know about myself… I will always have “too much on my plate” and there will never be that perfect time ”when I’m not as busy.”

But actually, I’d like to change up those words a little…

“Too much on my plate” = a lot of passion and drive
“When I’m not as busy” = now is the only time

So, here’s what I really know about myself… I will always have a lot of passion and drive and there will never be that perfect time, now is the only time.

Now is the only time!

It’s the only time for our relationships.
It’s the only time for our great ideas.
It’s the only time for the next step in our life journeys.

Mikayla and I were chatting about this at brunch today, as she’s reading “The Power of Now” (great book if you haven’t read it!).

Nothing in life is guaranteed, especially not time.

And the older I get the more I know this to be true.

It’s hard to watch my parents get older and my grandparents’ health diminish.

It’s exciting to watch Kaden grow, but also sad to realize how fast 15 weeks have flown by.

Time will never stop.
So I don’t want to waste even a second.

I want to spend my seconds, minutes, and hours following my passions.

My passions in my relationships.
Around my own health and wellness.
And with the work I do.

Time is our most precious resource.
And the more I realize this, the more I want to be intentional around how I spend mine.

To be intentional, I must deeply know and value my priorities. Then, I must patiently act in accordance with them.

In a world with a million options, stimulus coming from every angle, and new bright shiny objects around every corner… I must patiently live out my priorities.

One step at a time, in the present.

Like I’ve said before, I won’t live my life on accident.

How about you?
How are you using your NOW?

 

#MindfullyEvolving

Check out what we're up to now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”