“Letters to Kaden…”


 
Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Letters to Kaden…”

I talk to Kaden a lot… all day long.

We talk about changing his diapers, the rain outside, what we’re going to cook for dinner, how big he’s getting, what Lexi is up to, when dad will get home, and so much more.

Sometimes he stares at me intently, following along with the words I’m babbling at him.

Sometimes he coos and smiles (which melts my heart).

And sometimes he’s too busy staring and the lights above to even notice me…

But I keep talking anyways, because I know there will come a day when he and I won’t get to chat all day.

He’ll have friends, school, sports, or whatever it is that he’s in to.

And he likely won’t want to sit and talk to his mom for hours on end.

I’m guessing he really won’t want to talk about deep topics like who he is as a person, what he stands for, the challenges he’s facing… how much I love him.

So, following in Ryan Fletcher ‘s footsteps, I’m going to start writing regular letters to my little guy.

Letters that might help him through tough times.

Letters where he might stop to reflect, become aware, and then shift his perspective.

Letters as another way to hopefully help him grow into a kind, loving, and brave human.

Letters he can read one day when he needs them most.
To know that no matter what, I’ll always love him.

I can already tell this is going to be hard.
I have a huge lump in my throat just writing this.

But my plan is to write my letters to Kaden and post them as well, in case I can inspire or help others along the way.

Letter #1 coming soon.
XOXO

 

#MindfullyEvolving

#IntegrallyRelational

Check out what we're up to now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”