“Consequences…”


 

Shared by Breanne Smedley

I’ve spent the last 45 minutes of my morning in what can be amounted to wasted time.

Bouncing from task to task.

Knowing that I need to read, meditate, go through the routine.

But also write, and work on building out what we have planned for our next round of our ConfidenceFactor™ challenge.

Then there’s the GRIT workout I haven’t completed yet.

And Charlee just woke up, not allowing me to do any of it.

Frustration sets in.

“How am I supposed to get anything done?”

The reality sets in too.

The way this morning is going so far is my fault.

No one else to blame but myself.

Whether we like it or not, everything we do or don’t do produces a consequence.

Some good.

Some not so good.

But always, a cause and effect.

It all started last night.

The last couple nights, if I’m being honest with myself.

I let my phone sneak back to my bedside to be charged.

Normally, it charges 20 feet away from me in the bathroom.

Meaning, I have to physically get up in the morning when it’s going off.

“It’s not a big deal. I’ll get up at the first alarm.” I told myself.

The phone next to my bed caused some late-night scrolling.

“Just looking for Christmas morning recipes on Pinterest.”

I’m actually being productive, I told myself.

That turns into social media checking.

And before I know it, it’s 45 minutes past the time I wanted to go to sleep.

The alarm this morning goes off.

Snooze.

It was too easy. The phone right by my face.

It goes off again.

Snooze again.

Two more times until I finally get up.

And now, I’m chasing the day.

Living the consequences of my actions.

Even the smallest action.

Something I thought would be “no big deal.”

Has the potential to make massive ripples on the day.

Lesson learned (again….)

No phone in bed!

===

#MindfullyEvolving

 Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”