“Bah-humbug…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Bah-humbug…”

At first, this didn’t seem like a very merry Christmas.

This is one of the few Christmases that we didn’t spend with our larger family.

I felt a little sad to know we wouldn’t see them today.

Plus, Kaden has been super fussy lately.
So, we haven’t been sleeping well.

Which means, things are a mess.
Stuff is left undone.
And I’m tired, literally and also tired of thinking and wishing I could do whatever I want for just one day.

So, an un-merry Christmas… that’s how I felt yesterday morning.

Bah-humbug to Christmas Eve.

I don’t know if the coffee kicked in, I woke up a little, or what…

But the magic of Christmas sorta kicked in.

This is our first Christmas with our sweet boy (and Lexi).
As a family, not just a couple.

This is our chance to start family traditions.

To experience the joy and wonder of the season through our little guy’s eyes.

And to watch him form his own memories.

Maybe he’ll be up hours before the rest of us waiting “on the edge of his seat” to open his presents, like my brother Brett Smedley.

Maybe he’ll be mischievous and try to figure out what’s in the wrapped boxes, or figure out how my parents snuck the presents under the tree when I was on guard watching all night, like me as a child.

Or maybe he’ll be sweet and intentional in his gift giving and gift opening, like my brother Mark Smedley has always been.

For sure, he’ll be his own unique self and I can’t wait to experience the holidays with him, through his eyes, and in his experiences.

So, Merry Christmas!

Words that can mean something different to anyone who says them.

Interpreted differently by anyone who hears them.

To us, they mean spending time with those we love, appreciating everyone and everything we are afforded, and being grateful for the opportunities present in our lives.

This has been a Merry Christmas, indeed.

I hope today has been special for you and your family as well.

#IntegrallyRelational

#MindfullyEvolving

 Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”