“Unexpected Nerves…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Unexpected Nerves…”

Yesterday was the kickoff call for our ConfidenceFactor™ Challenge.

A 45min Zoom video meeting, hosted by Breanne and I, with 32 ladies invited, to kick off the challenge that we’ll be facilitating over the next 21 days. And I was nervous!

What if no one showed up?
What if I forgot everything I wanted to share?
What if they thought… I don’t even know what they might think!

I host video meetings at work all the time and they’re no big deal. But this felt different.

This was personal.

This was more vulnerable, around the work Breanne and I have been doing together and for ourselves around our Inner Critics.

This is where my passions lie, and where it would really hurt to feel rejected or like I failed.

But nervousness doesn’t always have to be a bad thing. In fact, we can frame this energy as excitement and look at our situations from a completely different angle.

And we are definitely excited!

Excited to have 32 ladies join us on this journey.

To test out some new ideas based on the feedback we received last time.

For the opportunity to make a difference in the work we are doing.

And for the potential of what’s next!

When looking at it from this angle, those concerns about no one showing up, forgetting what to say, or what others may think really don’t matter.

All that matters is getting out there, trying something new, and knowing that we are fully capable of making this work!

Like everything in life, it’s how we choose to look at things.
Through what lens we choose to view our situations.

The energy I’ve been feeling over the last 24 hours is one of a little bit of nerves, but more so of excitement, anticipation, and gratitude.

And from here I know anything is possible!

 

#FiercelyOptimistic

#InspirationallyImpactful

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”