“I Don’t Have Time!”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

“I don’t have time…”

I’ve been catching myself saying that a lot lately…

I don’t have time to work out.
Don’t have time to cook dinner or make my lunches.

To hang out with friends.
To meditate.
To journal.
To write my stories.

To read all of these baby books.
Make all of these baby decisions.
Oh, and take good care of myself for this little baby!

And then the guilt comes in… one of my Inner Critic’s go to tactics with regard to how I spend my time.

“You need to be a loving and supportive wife, a healthy pregnant lady, a good Boeing teammate, a great friend, good business partner, and present to those following your Mindfluent® Leadership journey. You’re letting people down!”

But I don’t have time!!
Sound familiar?!

Truth be told, I hate this excuse: “I don’t have time.”

We all have the same 24 hours per day.
What we do with them differs.
And even more than that, our mindsets differ.

As many of you know, I’ve been doing a lot of work with my Inner Critic over the last year and have experienced amazing transformation. Transformation not only in myself and Breanne, but also in the many women who participated in our first two ConfidenceFactor™ Challenge beta groups.

Broadening awareness is one of the key steps in the formula and lately I’ve been really tuning into the “I don’t have time” excuse and following guilt.

Because, in fact I do have time.

I have the perfect amount of time to do exactly what I prioritize highest.

And when I look at my personal Principles, at the top of the list is “Take care of myself, so I am capable of giving to others.”

From what I’ve experienced with my own mom, see in Breanne and in all my best girlfriends, being a mom is the ultimate “giving to others.”

We’re at the 10 week countdown to this little guy entering the world (can you believe it!).

So, my time right now will be spent taking care of myself – prenatal yoga, eating healthy, periodic workouts, strengthening our marriage, learning about breastfeeding and all these other mom things, and resting and relaxing.

It’s hard for me to say no to all the other things I want to do; sometimes because I feel guilty and sometimes because I just really want to do them!

But, I know the principles I live by and these guide my decision-making.

Priority #1 right now is taking care of myself and this little guy who I can now see kicking and squirming around in my belly!

And for everything else, I’ll be calling on my Inner Coach to keep the guilt at bay.

 

#MindfullyEvolving

 Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”