“Six-Pack Abs…”



 Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Six-Pack Abs”

I stood in front of the mirror, shirt pulled half up, flexing my ab muscles as hard as I could.

Sennad sat laughing at the face I make every time I try to flex my muscles – scrunched eyes and a painful-looking smile. As if somehow this face is going to get a little more muscle to pop out!

“I bet I can get a six-pack before you do!” I said through gritted teeth.

I already had a four-pack. What’s two more!

The bet was on. 
At the time we were doing Crossfit and it seemed like I was getting stronger every day!

I could already plank for multiple minutes.
I just needed to keep it up and continue to eat healthy.

Now, probably five years later, I hate to admit it but that six-pack never came. Sennad has totally beat me in this bet, many times over.

I definitely don’t have the physical strength and stamina that I used to have. I’m pretty sure I would die in a Crossfit workout right now!

But I do have stamina that I value even more.

That’s the ability to put my mind to something and dedicate the time and effort it takes to bring it to life.

I used to want to be involved in everything.

I would have social plans multiple nights per week.
Five big work projects going on all at the same time.
Enrolled in multiple, non-connected classes.
Researching different business opportunities.

I’d have my fingers in all the different potentials and opportunities. Trying everything on for size.

Now, I’m totally clear on what I’m dedicated to.
Just like I was clear way back then that I was going to have a six-pack.

Having clarity is freedom.
It’s energizing.

I’m still involved with many different things, but they’re all part of building the same path.
They all lead to the same goal.

Every day, I wake up way earlier than I ever could have imagined possible.
I read and write before going to my corporate job for the day.
And then in the evenings I spend time with my family and best friends and dedicate time working towards our vision.

Day in and day out.
And I love it!
I don’t miss the randomness and craziness.
I don’t miss doing something new all the time.

In fact, I’m proud of myself for developing this stamina and focus.

Anything that is worth it in life – our health, relationships, a business, making an impact – takes time, energy, and the stamina to continue.

And in the end, we can be proud of the results because we know we put in the hard work.

 

#DaringlyResilient

 Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”