”Might take some practice…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

”Might take some practice…”

That’s what I was reading on the blogs before I first tried out my Instapot.

Seriously? I might need “some practice” in order to learn how to use the supposed best appliance in my kitchen?

The whole reason we got this was so I could just plug it in, throw everything in, hit one button… and ta-da a perfect meal 10 minutes later.

I don’t need practice.
That must be for people who have hardly stepped foot in their kitchen.

Soon after, the perfect day came for pulling out the Instapot.

We were planning a girls wine tasting day, finished off with dinner at one of our houses.

“Come to my house! We can use my new Instapot!! Plus I already have all the ingredients for Chicken Korma!”

Sold!

We got home that evening and got to work chopping, slicing, measuring all the ingredients. Eyes burning from all the onions, we dumped everything into the instapot.

Put on the lid. Hit the button. 
And waited for the magic to begin.

We waited. And waited.
Then decided to eat our salads.

And waited. Waited some more.
Drank another glass of wine.

30 minutes later, I’d had enough.
What’s wrong with this thing!

35 minutes later.
A BURN message pops up.

What! 
So, it’s not pressurized but now it’s burning!
I’m getting pissed. This was supposed to be easy!

This piece of crap must be broken.
I knew it was too good to be true!

Plus, I had four starving ladies who’ve been drinking wine all day waiting.

Enough was enough… the chicken korma headed for the microwave.

And the Instapot was going back!

I was so mad at this stupid little appliance.
How can it be so hard to just pressurize and cook!

Sennad, knowing it was too late to return the Instapot, dug into the blogs too.

He found all these comments about practicing and being careful with potatoes and tomatoes; two main ingredients in chicken korma.

He found suggestions and tips and gave them all to me so I could try again…. One day.

In the meantime, us ladies enjoyed our semi-tasty dinner together.

Weeks later, I finally did try the Instapot again, following Sennad’s advice.

Now I’ve used it many times.
I know the secrets of keeping the potatoes and tomatoes off the bottom of the pot.
I know when to use the trivet.
Etc Etc.

Turns out, like most things in life, if you really want to be good at making tasty dinners in your Instapot, you truly do have to practice.

(and have a little patience)

#CourageouslyListening

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”