“Professional OCD Note Taker…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

I used to be a professional note-taker.

Yep… this is how it went: listen, take notes, submit, cha-ching. 

Now, I wasn’t rolling in the big bucks, but my 20-year-old self did have a steady (and pretty exhilarating) college work-study job as a note-taker.

I know you guys are jealous… thinking back on your work-study jobs in the cafeteria or the library, while I was going to class, writing things down, indenting, organizing, highlighting, making checkboxes.

Don’t you feel that excitement!

Can you keep a secret? Sometimes I even rewrote my notes so they were more organized and pretty before I turned them in.

So, professional OCD Note Taker is probably a more appropriate title.

I still take a lot of notes (certainly not as beautiful or organized) and draw out mind maps of the various ideas running through my head, connections being made, visions formulating.

I just found a mind map from last spring, from before Breanne and I started our Mindfluent Leadership journey together. I can see where many ideas have progressed, some I’m no longer interested in at all, and others are a good reminder of something we may want to check out.

And I’m not gonna lie… I think I did rewrite this at some point. It just looks way too clean and organized to be an original! Ha

I love these visuals because they’re representations of my ideas, my hopes, my dreams for the future.

But one thing they aren’t is a path on how to get to this future.

The ideas here are huge… I mean, this one alone is talking about career changes, having a baby, maybe getting a PhD, owning a business, doing non-profit board service, and more.

That’s quite the grandiose vision for something that my timeline at the bottom has dates within the next 18 months!

Although our vision has changed and progressed since this visual was created, one thing hasn’t changed and that’s the feeling of being overwhelmed on what the path looks like to bring our vision to life.

And only having a little free time to research, learn, and make it happen.

So, starting in January, Breanne and I will be participating in a 90 Day Immersion, where we will become better storytellers, start building out our offerings and creating the path towards our future success.

I’m so looking forward to the coaching, community, and hard work that this will require.

And who knows, maybe one day you’ll see all our notes, mind maps, and stories in a book!

Anything is possible with a vision, a path, and the discipline of 1% daily improvement (which, btw, is 37X improvement in just one year!).

 

#InspirationallyImpactful

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”