“Holiday Break…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

Do you guys remember holiday break from when you were in school?
I was always so excited to hit mid-December – my birthday just a few days away and a nice 10 day or so break to eat, chill, and not go to school.

Well, one great thing about Boeing is that we too have a holiday break!

Yep, all my life I have had this break.
I love having a few days with no work, time to work on my own projects and hang out with friends and family.

I’ve been especially looking forward to it this year, with a long to-do list ready to tackle!

I couldn’t wait to check items off this list!

As we drove to my parents’ house for a 6 day, family slumber party, I had my list in toe:

  • Stick to my morning routine.
  • Finish one of my assigned books through Audible during the car ride.
  • Start planning healthy recipes for 2019.
  • Optimize our Mindfluent Leader® website for cell phones.
  • Brainstorm with Breanne about our future business offerings.
  • Write stories every day.
  • Paint more of the upstairs when I got home.

Well, guess what!
It’s almost NYE and I have accomplished zero off this list.

Zero!

And you know what, it’s been the best holiday break ever!

Rather than try to be ultra-productive, I just relaxed, had great conversations, and was present with my family and friends.

I enjoyed my niece, Charlee’s, first Christmas.
She’s the absolute sweetest little girl, who loves to say “hi” and wave, listen to stories, and dance.

And I love seeing my brother Brett and Breanne be such amazing parents.

I went wine tasting with my parents and later with some girlfriends.

I caught up with friends I don’t see often and spent quality time with Sennad and Lexi.

And I ate so much good food and homemade sweets – thanks Mom for making all of our favorites!

Our family played cards, opened secret Santa gifts, shared childhood stories, played a dice game with the winner giving all the winnings to a favorite charity, and built essentials boxes for children placed into the foster care system.

We chatted, relaxed, laughed, and just genuinely enjoyed spending time together.

I was present.
Not worrying about to-do lists, homework, “should be’s,” or anything else.

I’m so grateful to have such a loving and supportive family and group of friends.

I believe that relationships are the foundation of accomplishment.
I know that I wouldn’t be who I am without the amazing people surrounding me, and I also won’t reach my potential without you.

The greatest, irreplaceable present I received this holiday season was time with friends and family.

#InspirationallyImpactful

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”