“5th time’s a charm…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

I literally just made a list.

4 times I’ve tried to be successful in owning my own business.
To create the freedom of time, and resources needed in order to enjoy that time.

I’m actually in awe right now. How quickly I forget my past failures.
4 past attempts and 4 attempts that didn’t work. 4 failures.

Mary Kay
Savvy Home Furnishings, LLC (with my business partner)
Advocare
Stella & Dot

Of course, I always choose to think on the positive side:
“Well, I learned so much (and I did!)”
“I met some great people”
“At least I tried”

And yes, these are true and I am proud of myself for at least trying.

But trying wasn’t what I was going for!

TRY wasn’t my WHY!

My WHY #1 – “I want to be in control of my time and life.”
HA… do you know how much TIME I spent on these endeavors but not always in the right way!?

My WHY #2 – “I want unlimited earning potential that I can’t get in corporate America.” And I wanted it to happen immediately. (This is almost embarrassing to write down!)

And that’s about it. I wanted to make more money and wanted control of my time. Now I look at this as me being:
Completely selfish.
Totally narrow-minded.

Maybe these work for you, but they don’t work for me.
These are not viable WHYs that actually drive me forward.

I was being a taker, not a giver.

So, now we’re up to “owning a business #5”. Mindfluent Leadership, LLC.

But this time things are different.
– I have an amazing sister-in-law as a partner.
– Our WHY is solid (and will likely evolve). To unlock potential in others in order to create positive change in our schools, businesses, and communities.
– I am being vulnerable and imperfect and it’s working! (my subconscious has been protecting against that for years)

Perfect and guarded hasn’t worked so far, and it won’t work going forward.
(Seriously, who wants to hang out with a trying-to-be-perfect and guarded person… dud.)

So, here’s to the courage to continue putting myself out there, trying, failing, learning, and moving forward.
Here’s to being a great partner and friend.
Here’s to building an impactful movement that makes a difference in our lives.

 

#DaringlyResilient

#OurPassion&Vision

 Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”