“Source of Energy…”



 Shared by Kristina Smedley

It’s a weeknight and I’m hurrying through making dinner while persuading Sennad, my amazing and super helpful husband, into helping me cook – if only we could have a personal chef!

Then we’ll enjoy dinner together, while Lexi (our little doggie) lays in her favorite bed waiting for us to drop some lettuce or other tasty treat!

Before we know it, it’ll be 8pm; just a little bit of free time before 7 to 8 hours of glorious sleep. Side note… I love sleeping, but I especially love sleeping in our bed! So, there’s rarely ‘staying up too late’ because I love going to bed!

But there’s so much I want to do in my couple hours before bed!

I want to read! I’m currently in the middle of: Tim Ferriss’ Tools of Titans, Dan Heath’s Made to Stick, and now Paulo Coelho’s Aleph. I love learning how people operate, how we relate to one another and ourselves, and how to live a meaningful and fulfilling life.

I’m excited to read the Impact Club prompt and share a personal story on The Journey, our Mindfluent Leadership blog. It’s a challenge to be vulnerable, figure out how to write in my voice, and share what’s meaningful. But I believe in the power of stories and relationships.

I want to continue building our Mindfluent Leader website, making it easier to view on our cell phones and thinking of ways for people to engage.

And, I want to cuddle with Sennad, pet Lexi, and just chill on the couch.

.
.
.

This list goes on and on! With most items related to building The Mindfluent Leader, learning something new, and being with my family.

All just a little too much for 2 hours!

(BTW… writing this reminds me of a magnet my mom bought me as a kid… I think because it had a pig on it that I liked. “So many men, so little time” it said! Lol, remember that mom! Now it’s more like, “so many ideas, so make the most of my time”)

If there’s any chance that I’m ‘staying up too late’ it’s because I love doing the things above.

So, today I’m considering an interesting question – why am I so passionate about this? What drives me to spend my little amount of free time on this, which I consider my passion and my purpose?

I’m still considering the true source of this energy, but know that it must be tied to being raised by parents who taught me to be kind to others, to try new things, to love nature, and value the humanness and equality of all.

I’ve always struggled to choose one cause that I’m most passionate about, because there are so many important ones – hunger, women’s rights, human trafficking, racism, homelessness, etc.

They all hurt my heart. I want to support them all.

But that hasn’t been very realistic or doable. However, what I could do was try to be impactful right where I was, in the workplace and considering the experiences of those around me.

How can they be inspired, their potential unlocked, their passions ignited so they have a great day at work, go home to be great family members, and turn around and be impactful in their local communities.

This is something I can take action on, where I can lead change now.

I’m not sure if this is my final answer on my why and my source of energy, but it’s at least part of it.
And now it’s time for bed… night night! 🙂

What about you? What are your passion projects and/or purpose and where do you find your source of energy?

#InspirationallyImpactful

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”