“Rainy day excuses…


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

I was reading a fellow IOD writer’s story today and realized I too make rainy day excuses.

And, it was perfect timing, as I just chatting with my professional coach yesterday about this.

She asked me what was new since the last time we spoke.
Wow, did I have a lot to share…

“Our team won the Boeing Chairman’s Safety Award…
“I’m reporting to a new Director and my team is doing awesome things to support the business!”
“I was accepted into the New Ventures West Coaching program and am SO excited!”
“Breanne and I are developing our Mindfluent Leadership philosophy, have an LLC, and are getting a trademark!”
“I’ve written 10 stories in a row and posted them (along with my vulnerability) on Facebook!”
etc etc

Then she asked, “And what are you doing for self-care?”

Meditating
Working Out
Reading
Getting 7-8 hours of sleep

“OH… and I’m married.”

“ I guess it would be more healthy if I planned in time for date night and doing things with him.”

WOW. Hello. Yes!
I had just spent 30mins telling her all about the great things in my life and hadn’t mentioned my amazing and supportive husband.

And seriously I wouldn’t be able to do what I do without him.
So, yes, I too make rainy day excused…

“When I’m done with this work thing we’ll do that.”
“After I write this story, we’ll snuggle and watch TV.”
“I’ll be upstairs reading, working on our business, etc… yell up if you need me.”

In the meantime, he reads Twitter, reads about sports, watches tv.

Sad.
This is my best friend. My husband. My life ride-or-die!
And he’s so great. He plays along with all of this with me.
But, wouldn’t it be nice if I built it into my plan to first and foremost be an awesome wife and plan some fun things together.

Then, if he wants, we can do all my “life goals” together… and his too!

So, although I’ll be out of town for pretty much the next two weeks… fun married life things are too come! Or… at least some higher prioritized wife-husband time.

Relationships are the foundation of all accomplishments.
Not just at home, or at work, but in life.
Time to prioritize it as such!

#IntegrallyRelational

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”