"The perfect day..."


 
Shared by Breanne Smedley

This weekend, my husband and I started working through the "36 questions that lead to love."
They are sets of questions that can supposedly lead to two complete strangers falling in love after answering them.
 
I don’t know about all that, but I do love the questions and they sparked some great conversations between my husband and I!
One of the questions was, "What is your perfect day."
To my surprise, my answer started with the same thing that I do everyday.
I said:
 
-Wake up (refreshed) at 5am and start my morning routine
-Rasa coffee with coconut cream
-Write out my dream statements, goals, and affirmations
-Meditate
-Read
-Write
-Workout
After that, it involved a lot of fun family time, an adventure or two somewhere with water, an afternoon nap, and good food/drinks.
 
The first part, though…"how boring!" I thought to myself.
I figured I should say something extravagant.
Wake up in Paris and spend the morning sipping espresso and exploring old streets.
Wake up in Cabo and have a slow morning with brunch and an afternoon full of beach.
Those things sound like fun, too.
 
But my "perfect" day actually involves not giving up on the habits and routines that make me a better mom, wife, business partner, and friend.
 
Not pushing aside the things that bring me 1% closer to my goals every day.
Plus...what good is an 85 degree afternoon sipping on margaritas on the beach in Cabo if I'm feeling anxious and lacking energy because I didn't sweat and spend quiet time in the morning getting my mind right?
 
So, in my ideal day, I do both!
Sure, call it boring.
I call it perfect.
 
#MindfullyEvolving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”