"Small wins..."

 



Shared by Kristina Smedley

Today, Kaden enjoyed riding in his jogging stroller for the first time. It was adorable!! He was smiling, looking out at the water, and flapping his arms and legs around.
Yesterday, he figured out how to pull fabric squares out of a box. And he thought it was pretty fun!!
 
The week before that, he learned how to (sorta) take a sip out of an open cup.
And the week before that, he started to sleep through the night.
Having Kaden has been the ultimate lesson in slowing down and celebrating small wins.
 
Every second of every day, he’s seeing new things, making new connections, and learning new skills. It’s not always something massive, but something little happens every day.
 
If we weren’t paying attention, we might miss some of them. If we were too wrapped up in our own worries and concerns, we wouldn’t get to celebrate his little milestones and growth.
 
And really, it’s not all that different in my own life, except I don’t so frequently slow down and celebrate my small wins. Instead, I’m often wishing I could do more, that I was further along, and wondering why everything seems to take ten times more time than I plan!
 
So, I’m working on slowing down and celebrating my small wins, for they provide the energy to keep moving forward!
 
#MindfullyEvolving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”