“Stuck between the people I love and my dreams…”

 Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Stuck between the people I love and my dreams…”

One of the principles I strive to live by is “Relationships are the Foundation of Accomplishment.”.

But relationships also take time.
A lot of time.

As a mom, I want to prioritize Kaden.
As a wife, I want to also prioritize Sennad.
As a friend…
As a daughter…
As a sister…

I want to prioritize them all, spend time with them, show them they are loved, hear about their days, and more.

But, I also have big dreams about the business we’re building.
And I want to take care of myself – mentally, physically, emotionally.

So, I often feel like I’m on the edge of failing everyone.

And the first thing that feels like it has to go is the time spent on the business, quickly followed by time for myself.

It’s the worst feeling… like I’m stuck between my dreams and people I love (who are also in my dreams!).

At times I get really down about this.
I feel guilty.
I wonder if I’m making the right decision in building a business.

At these times, I sometimes wish I could just be happy with a 9-5 job, have fun on the weekends, retire one day and then enjoy life.

But I’m not.
I never have been.

There has always been a drum beating in me to do something more.

To do something I find meaningful and impactful.

On these days when I’m feeling really down and unsure, I remind myself that there is a way and I’m capable of figuring it out.

My dreams include the people I love and the type of life we can live together.

There is a way to develop and maintain a connection with the important people in my life while also building our business.

It’s just a matter of being intentional in doing so.

My Lesser Self will get down about this challenge, but as long as I’m living as my Heroic Self I know I can find a way!

#DaringlyResilient

#MindfullyEvolving

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”