“For the athletes…”



Shared by Breanne Smedley

I’m still trying to process, as maybe many of you (and your kids) are too.

When I started hearing of cancelations this week, then the eventual closing of the schools for 6 WEEKS, I was hit with a variety of emotions.

Most were unexpected.

Confusion as I started to wonder what I do for 6 weeks (I’m a high school teacher).
Do I still teach online?
What about all the lost time?

Anxiety as I started thinking about how serious this could be.
I have parents in the “at-risk” age.
Should I have no contact with them at all?

Overwhelm as I began to wonder how I respond to the teams, athletes, and students that I lead.
What do I tell them?
How do I help?

Then, sadness as I started to talk to my athletes.
Many of them, dealing with the disappointment of cutting their seasons short.
Interrupting a key time in the recruiting process.

Most of them feeling…lost.

Lost without their sport to ground them.

With much of their identity wrapped into their role as an athlete, they are feeling like part of them is being stripped away without certain that it will return anytime soon.

“What do I do, without my sport?” Is more of a question of “WHO am I, without my sport?”

It’s a confusing, challenging, and potentially anxiety-provoking time.

I’d like to help.

So, for the next two weeks (and potentially more, depending on our circumstances), I’m offering athletes FREE online workshops to help them work on their mental game during this time.

They’ll explore how to use this time as an opportunity, rather than a setback.

They’ll learn how to improve their mental game, increase confidence, and build resiliency through many of the methods girls are already utilizing in the Elite Competitor Program.

They’ll be equipped with skills and confidence to re-enter their sport and hit the ground running (whenever that may be..).

To register your athlete, click here!

 

#DaringlyResilient

#PassionatelyServing

Check out what we're up to now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”