“Is it magic?…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Is it magic?”

Any other Paulo Coelho fans out there?

I love his books and often finish them and want (need) to read them again.

His writing often opens my eyes, shifts my perspective, and helps me to see life in different ways.

The first book I read of his was the Alchemist.
If you haven’t read it yet, it’s a must!

A young shepherd, Santiago, goes on a journey to fulfill his Personal Legend, where he learns (amongst many other things) to follow his dreams by listening to his heart.

He learns that fear is a bigger obstacle than the obstacle itself.

And to always get back up and continue on, for in the end, what is true and meant to be will endure.

In our busy lives and Western culture, we so often live by our brains.

We determine our dreams with our head.
We plan our day with our head.
We calculate the risks, do pros and cons, estimate the returns…

All with our brains.
And often with a sense of scarcity and fear.

We’ve left very little room for intuition and the voices of our heart and body.

For abundance.
Possibility.
Potential.

Over the last couple of years, I’ve been working hard to open space for my heart and body to speak.

And have been learning to listen.
Mostly through meditation.
Quieting.
Slowing down.
Noticing and becoming more aware.

I’ve sensed expansion and contraction in my body and learned to interpret the sensations of my intuition.

I’m learning to be more still and vulnerable (not easy!) to allow my heart to speak. Since it doesn’t speak in words.

I’ve paid attention to my energetic responses and followed their path, versus always doing what my brain says is right or next.

And I can’t think of an example right now where I felt mislead.

In fact, more often than not there’s something amazing and unexpected just around the corner.

Now, I know some of you are probably thinking this is a little woo woo. Hey, maybe it is.

Or, maybe it’s alchemy.
A seemingly magical transformation.

I believe that magic is possible when we learn that our bodies, minds, hearts, and souls are all connected.

Then learn to experience and listen to all four together.

Never giving up on learning to listen and moving forward on our life path is the secret to discovering our dreams, just like it was for Santiago.

It’s just another choice… are you willing to do the work to bring the magic to life.

 

#CourageouslyListening

#FiercelyOptimistic

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”