“It all changed…”


 

Shared by Breanne Smedley

The day was September 20th, 2019.

I was right in the middle of the busiest season of the year for me.

Coaching volleyball, while my husband simultaneously coached football. Both teaching full-time. And trying to care for our 18-month old daughter.

To say life was hectic was an understatement.

It wasn’t uncommon for our day to start at 4:30am, and not hit the pillow until 10-11pm, depending on where the game or match was that night.

It was during this season that I had allowed myself to break promises.

To compromise on what was most important to me.

To live in contrary to what I believed about a healthy body and mind.

You see, I was quick to tell other people that there is no excuse not to exercise.

I’ve ingrained it into my student’s heads.

“No time is the lousiest excuse anyone could have to not work out!” I could have been quoted to say.

Except for when it came to me.

Apparently, I was the exception to that rule.

Yes, it was a fact that I did not have time to physically go to the CrossFit gym that I normally attend out of season.

So, I subconsciously gave myself a pass.

“When things start to slow down…”
“When I get into a better routine…”
“After this season/holiday/weekend…”

THEN I’ll get back into it and focus on my health again.

Meanwhile, I’m running ragged from lack of sleep.

Lack of movement actually making me sore somehow.

Telling myself I’ll work out on my lunch break.

Only for it to come and go because I let things “come up.”

Or didn’t feel like it…

Just trying to get through the day with enough physical and mental energy to give a little piece of myself to my daughter before she goes to bed.

Until that day, on September 20th, when I commented “All-In!”

That was the day everything changed.

My body, a little.

But my mind, massively.

I’ll be sharing the full story over the next few days.

I know many of you already are, but if you aren’t already on our MindfluentLeader® email list and want to hear how my choice on that September day made me more confident, eliminated my excuses, and allowed me to transform myself from the inside out, let me know in the comments below and I’ll add you!

==

#InspirationallyImpactful

#MindfullyEvolving

 Check out what we're up to now!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”