“I used to be an athlete…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

“I used to be an athlete…”

I feel light years away from being an athlete today.

And the scary part for me is that not only does my body feel like it’s been on the sidelines for months (it had a more important baby growing things to do), my mind is out of the game too.

And overcoming the mental challenges and excuses is way more difficult for me than overcoming the physical ones.

GRIT starts on Saturday.
It’s an All-In or All Out physical transformation challenge.

And if there’s any chance that I end up being “out,” I already know it will be because my mind wasn’t in the game. It gave in to the excuses.

-> I’m too tired.

-> I don’t have time today to do the full workout.

-> I’m in such bad shape; there’s no way I can do that movement.

-> This is embarrassing; I used to be an athlete!

And I know for certain that…

“It’s raining; I don’t want to go outside”
and
“I really don’t want to take a shower and have wet hair”

… will go through my mind!

No kidding!

I seriously think about not wanting wet hair just about every time I work out and sometimes it truly stops me from doing it! Talk about a lousy excuse!

Although I’m excited to get started, I’m also a little nervous.

Nervous to let my team down.
Nervous to let myself down.
Nervous of what my mind might try to tell me.

So, I’m putting this out there so Breanne Smedley and my other soon to be teammates can help me stay on track. To help my mind get back in the athletic game!

I’m counting on my desire for transformation and growth, the GRIT community, and daily programming by our certified trainer, CJ Thomas, to help pull me through and over these mental hurdles.

28 Day GRIT Challenge here I come… I can’t wait to experience the physical and mental transformation I’m able to create over the next 4 weeks!

(If you’re interested in joining us, comment below or send me a DM. Signups close on Jan 2nd!)

#MindfullyEvolving

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”