“Walking through mud…”

 


Shared by Breanne Smedley

I can see the finish line. Two weeks from today, school will be out for summer “break.”

A break from teaching, maybe.

In a household with two fall head coaches, weight training, camps, practices, and teacher training still fill up the summer.

It’s a break from the daily grind, nonetheless.

Instead of sprinting to the finish line, I feel like the past few weeks have been like crawling in thick mud.

Every step seems to get harder with more resistance pulling me back.

I’ve gotten behind on my morning routine. Telling myself it’s just one day that I woke up late.

Only to have it repeat a day later.

The tasks become daunting, rather than just part of the routine.

Looking back on how far I’ve come with six months of carving out an enabling routine in the morning:

-Finished 9 books
-Written enough content to write my own book
-Launched a successful ConfidenceFactor™ Challenge with Kristina
-Maintained a weekly newsletter
-Improved my ability to say no and set boundaries
-Transformed my beliefs and behaviors in the areas of mind, body, business, and relationships

But, looking forward, I feel like I’m trudging through.

Similar to just trying to get to the finish line of summer break.

What I’ve really done is lost sight of the 1% journey.

I’m looking up, trying to find landmarks to get to.

Rather than just take one small step at a time and let the momentum propel me further than I could imagine, I’m focusing on how far I have to go.

Leaving me stuck and overwhelmed.

Goals are great to give us a sense of direction. Striving towards something is important.

But only if we realize that it’s not through leaps and bounds that we will get there.

It’s like those flywheel bikes I used to religiously use in spin class.

It takes a little bit to get going, but if you keep it going, the wheels keep spinning.

It’s only when we stop that the struggle to get started sets in again.

===

#DaringlyResilient

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”