“Hard Pilates…”

 


Shared by Kristina Smedley

“Hard Pilates…”

“One… Two… Three… Four”
“Four… Three… Two… One”

And repeat. But slower this time.

That’s Lagree Fitness.
40 minutes of non-stop, 1-minute exercises.
Always going at this very slow 4 count pace. 
Or SLOWER!

I call Lagree “hard pilates.”
Sennad calls it “the longest workout of his life!” on the Megaformer “death-machine.”

I’m not sure if I’ll ever convince him to go again!

After some hesitations, I just got back into it after a year away.

I remember what I used to be able to do… when I had muscles.

Slow 4 count out on the inhale.
Slow 4 count in on the exhale.

Now, I’m huffing and puffing.
My arms are shaking.
Everything is giving out and my knees are down before we’re even 30 seconds in to the movement.

Dang it!

But my competitive juices are firing.
The ladies next to me aren’t putting their knees down.
I know I can do this!

Come on abs. Come on butt. Seriously, quads?!
Hold in there.

Nope! 
Knees down.

It’s either that or fall off the machine.

Although painful and miserable, it's sorta fun to be in this competitive position against myself.

I just need to relearn the movements and the breathing.
And build the muscles.

How fast can I get back into Lagree shape?
What’s possible if I put in the work?

Maybe I can actually be better than I used to be!

I could just sit back, do workouts that I’m good at and comfortable with.

But life is way more interesting when I’m challenging myself to get better.

To evolve, rather than just stay as I am today.

#DaringlyResilient

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”