“Dueling Dragons…”



 Shared by Breanne Smedley

When I was in seventh grade, my family and I took an amazing trip to Orlando.

I remember looking forward to this trip for months. We were planning to do it all.

Disney World. 
Epcot. 
Universal Studios.

My sister and I had a blast.

Running through the parks, using our “express passes” to hop the lines. Going back to our favorite rides over and over.

The one that we couldn’t get enough of was at Universal Studios. It was named the Dueling Dragons.

This ride was a combination of two inverted coasters. Meaning the track was above us, instead of below. So our feet were dangling through the entire ride.

We would either get on the “fire” dragon or the “ice” dragon.

Then, the ride would shoot the coasters off in different directions.

We would twist, turn, and drop at super high speeds.

At one point in the ride, the two dragons would face each other. Time to duel.

The ride would slow down and while we got a good look at the opposing dragon full of people facing us.

Then, it would ramp up to top speed. Both coasters looked like they would collide, face first, into each other.

Every time, we would scream in terror as the other coaster came towards us.

Like a game of chicken, which one would stop?

Then, at the last second before collision, both coasters would turn up to the sky.

Avoiding crashing into the other dragon, but dropping and twisting us back through more loops.

Finally, the ride would roll to a stop.

It was scary. Exhausting. Exhilarating.

We couldn’t get enough! “Let’s do it again!” We would say to each other, then hop back in line.

When I landed in Orlando this week, thoughts of that trip and that roller coaster filled my mind.

Such fun memories. Such an experience being on that ride.

This time, I’m here with Kristina. We’re learning how to build a Profitable Impact Business.

Not go on roller coasters.

Or so I thought.

Yesterday, we were inside for most of the day and evening learning, building, collaborating, and planning.

However, I ended the day feeling just like I just stumbled off the Dueling Dragons again like the last time I was in Orlando.

Scary. Exhausting. Exhilarating.

Kristina and I have big visions for Mindfluent Leadership.

But they are scary to put on paper.

It’s exhausting to try to figure out the details.

Right when we feel like we have a great concept and are gaining momentum, we drop back down. Twisting and turning through other ideas.

But, it’s exhilarating.

To see the potential and the possibilities. And to envision the future as it comes together before our eyes.

And the response is the same as when Lauren and I would get off the Dueling Dragon ride.

We can’t get enough! Back at it for day #3…

 

#FiercelyOptimistic

#MindfullyEvolving

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”