“Sharing Stories…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

Tomorrow I start a new job.
And today, I had the chance to say “bye, but chat with you soon” to colleagues.

Over the last week, I’ve had delicious meals with close work friends.
Quick coffee runs to catch up and provide some closure.
A lot of hugs.

And some deep and personal mentoring conversations.
One hit close to home.

A work friend shared that she felt alone at work.
Like no one was looking out for her or had her best interests in mind.

There wasn’t a vision for her role.

Did anyone even notice everything she was doing and the stress her and her team are under?

She didn’t have any energy in the morning and had to drag herself into the office.
Then, put on a face like everything was fine.

In many ways, I felt like she was telling my own story.
Relating to how I’ve felt over the last few months.

I thought for a second and decided I would share some of my deeper struggles. And how I knew mid-December that I had to move into a new role.

I just couldn’t spend my days feeling so low on energy.
Feeling that I could be doing something bigger, something more impactful, something less bureaucratic.

My solution isn’t her solution.

But, she shared that my story helped her to start thinking through her story.
To consider where she saw herself in the future.

It gave her courage that she could change directions, 
if that’s what she desired.

Sharing stories helps us connect, to learn, to trust, and to see what might be possible.

Tomorrow will be the first time in 12 years that I won’t work in Boeing Supply Chain.

Won’t be surrounded by my network.
Know the roadmap, the blind corners, and hidden potholes.
Or know who to go to for just about anything.

But I do know that it was time for a change.

I could be scared of the unknown.
Nervous to build a new network.
I could have just stayed put.

But I’ve written my own stories of change in the past, and I’m excited to write this one as well!

#DaringlyResilient

#IntegrallyRelational

 Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Kristina, the Bulgarian folk dancer…”