“Commit and Believe…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

I just finished reading “Learning to Breathe Fire – The rise of Crossfit and the primal future of fitness.’

It’s a great book!

I’ll be honest, it did make me miss my Crossfit and RepX days. I miss the friendships, the cheering, and support, and trying things I’d never done before.

Like a strict pull-up
Or 100 straight 35lb kettlebell swings for time. 
(which I learned are actually my superpower!)

I was certainly the strongest I have ever been.
I also had a different kind of confidence in myself, one that seems to come with physically achieving a new milestone.

See, these achievements aren’t just of pure body strength. 
These achievements come through the determination of the mind and body.

And the connection between the two.

When everything in me was screaming, “just stop. stop. now!”
I kept going.

I finished the workout. 
Absolute exhausted. 
But proud of myself.

It started with being committed to the final outcome – finish the workout, do a pull-up, etc.

Then believing in my abilities to navigate the necessary journey to get there.

A persistent commitment and belief in ourselves are foundational to being elite. To living an elite life.

Elite thinkers. Elite athletes. Elite leaders. Elite partners and friends.

Commitment.
Belief.

With these persistent mindsets, we are able to do the tough mental and physical work required of us.

Do you know the opposite of Elite?
Ordinary. Common. Inferior.

I don’t know about you, but I refuse to live an ordinary, common, and inferior life.

A life that just slowly passes by, with nothing of interest. 
Nothing to talk about at the dinner table.
No reason to call my parents to share exciting news.
No reason to feel proud of myself.

I refuse to one day look back and wish I would have committed to my ideas and passions and actually believed they were possible.

To look back with regret for not reaching my potential.

Just like in Crossfit, in all aspects of life, it starts with commitment and a belief in myself. Right now, those are my priorities.

 

#MindfullyEvolving

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Kristina, the Bulgarian folk dancer…”