“And now I know why…”


 

Shared by Kristina Smedley

Checking in today on how I’m doing on my commitment to high integrity to myself, and creating the morning habits I desire (mostly working out in the morning).

And now I know why… why I can’t wake up in the morning for my ideal morning routine… LEXI!
(yes, we let her sleep in bed with us!)

I mean, seriously, how can I get out of bed when this little doggie just wants to cuddle.

My alarm goes off… blaring Tibetan gongs in my ear.

I think about a 30min Peloton ride.
I consider that my workout clothes are right here and I only need to walk down the hall.

And it feels so good to work out in the morning!

I think about my commitment to myself to get up and work out, creating a good morning routine, and having more time in the evenings.

Then I look at this little dog, who’s 13 years old, loves to cuddle, and then I think… maybe I’ll just stay in bed a little longer.

She can use a few more pets.
And, I’m tired!

In all seriousness though, I’ve committed to having integrity to myself, to follow through for myself with self-care, healthy habits, desired routines.

But I’ve also committed to “less is more” and being aware of the commitments I make, not taking on too much, not losing precious focus for the things that matter most.

Working out, meditating, getting enough sleep, having strong family relationships… snuggling with my doggie. These are some of the commitments that matter most.

But maybe forcing the timeframe on them is imposing too strict of a commitment. I’m not sure.

For the next month, I’m going to reduce the pressure (and following guilt) to workout in the morning. I’m going to keep my commitment to working out 3-4 times per week at the time of day that works best that day, incorporating kettlebells into that workout (#bossoctober), and see how it goes.

Maybe reducing some of the self-imposed time pressure will allow for more enjoyable integrity to my personal commitments… helping me stick to them.

And maybe not.

Maybe I’ll see that I need to hold myself accountable to that morning routine that I think I want. That the structure is actually enabling.

And so the experiment starts… listening to my body/mind, evolving to what works best for me (and Lexi and Sennad).

 

#CourageouslyListening

Check out what we're up to now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Learning to Crawl..."

“Streaks…”

“Exhausted vs Inspiring…”